I had a 4 degree laceration when my baby was born, 6 months later I have these tiny urine leakages, is that normal? They come and go.

Dr. Michael Ekizian

In brief: Not normal

I don't know if your loss of urine is related to your last delivery, but it is not normal.
You may have a pelvic floor disorder and mild stress urinary incontinence related to childbirth, which your doc may manage with pessaries or pads, if he or she confirms this. A #4 tear involves the anal sphincter. Your obstetrician should counsel you regarding future deliveries.

In brief: Not normal

Dr. Michael Ekizian
Dr. Michael Ekizian
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy

In brief: No

A 4th degree tear should not cause urinary leakage.
It could cause fecal leakage. The urinary problem may be tied to a difficult delivery and the disruption of the muscles that support the bladder and the urethra. Kegel exercises may help you.

In brief: No

Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Jumnah Thanapathy
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham