How can I lower my blood pressure?

In brief: Healthy diet

Loosing weight usually will cause your blood pressure to drop.
In some people, lowering salt consumption will also help. If neither of these is enough, and for a lot of people they aren't, then you need to take your medication and follow up with your dr.

In brief: Healthy diet

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: A few things to...

Keeping ideal body weight, eat healthy/no added salt, aerobic exercise regularly 4-5x/wk, reduce daily stresses, sleep well, and don't smoke etc.
.These are so called modifiable risk factor--you can't change genetic. Look up the dash-diet regimen (google it). Treat medical condition (chol, diabetes etc) well.If these fail to adequately lower your BP to less than 140/90, consult your doc..Good luck.

In brief: A few things to...

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen