I quit smoking 2 weeks ago. I have increased anxiety, feeling detached, vertigo, chest pains, shortness of breath, and panic attacks. Normal or worry?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Disease of Addiction

This is your addict brain trying to get you to restart smoking.
This is normal and is known as withdrawal. Please do not let these symptoms, which will subside, take you back to smoking.

In brief: Disease of Addiction

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Consult your MD

It seems you are going through nicotine withdrawl and need some help to cope with it.
You may need alternate source of nicotine and may be therapy as well do not start smoking now you have taken a bold step to quit smoking.And good luck.

In brief: Consult your MD

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine