I have what appears to be a small lump of the right side of my thoracic cavity. I have had the same thing 3 other times. Is this a disease?

Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology
In brief: Hard to know
There are several possible causes for what you describe, including cysts, lipomas, lymph nodes, and others.

In brief: Hard to know
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Lumps on chest
I am assuming your lump is on the outside of the chest wall (not internal and detected by a ct scan).
The most common cause of external lumps over the rib cage are lipomas -- benign fatty tissues. They do not tend to go away by themselves, but generally do no harm. Other causes are mostly cysts--either cysts of the skin or sebaceous cysts.

In brief: Lumps on chest
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr