My 7 week old had his belly button silver nitrated because of oozing after his cord fell off. Now the skin is coming off and oozing worse. What to do?

Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: INFECTION
If the belly button is still wet after the cautery with silver nitrate to dry it, it means there is infection.
You are instructed to clean it with alcohol after the cautery and if it did not dry up let your dr. See it again.

In brief: INFECTION
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Tara Passow
Dermatology
In brief: Possible infection
My concern is that there could be a bacterial infection causing the persistent oozing.
You could try a short course of topical antibiotic, like polysporin (bacitracin and polymyxin) or bacitacin (or generic) or seek medical attention.

In brief: Possible infection
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Tara Passow
Dr. Jonathan Jassey