How do caffeine and modafinil interact?

Dr. J. Kirk Clopton

In brief: Synergestically

Caffeine and Modafinil can increase energy and cognition by working on separate systems.
The effect of Modafinil tends to be sustained over time, whereas, the body developed tolerance to the effects of caffeine leading to the need to constantly increase the amount of caffeine to get the same effect.

In brief: Synergestically

Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
Dr. J. Kirk Clopton
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Can be additive.

Athough both are stimulatory and erase fatugue, their neural mechisms of action are very different.
Ingestion of large amounts of caffeine can cause tremor and excess anxiety, or poor sleep. Read my article and decide. Small (2 or 3 cups) amounts of coffee drunk sequentially after Modafinil or Armodafinil (is not a good idea. The article:( acr.Confex.Com/acr/2007/webprogram/paper7848.Html).

In brief: Can be additive.

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Eric Weisman