Since starting sertraline 25mg i've had a lot of bruising on my arms. Is this dangerous & should I stop taking it?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Remotely!

Get your cbs, focusing on your platelets, and have your liver function checked, since clotting factors are made there.
If normal, it is unlikely that generic zoloft (sertraline) is the problem. If these are normal, you may have another problem. So go see your doc!

In brief: Remotely!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Maybe.

Bruising is unusual with sertraline but has been reported.
Are you taking any other meds, e.g. Aspirin or coumadin (warfarin)? The combination can cause this. Or it could be something totally unrelated. Bruising is not dangerous in itself, but your doctor needs to rule out underlying causes. And the only way to know for sure if sertraline is doing it is to stop, wait for bruises to heal, then restart it.

In brief: Maybe.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern