Have acquired hypermobile joints + flat feet/overpronation. I wear orthotics. Can hypermobility of ankles increase with age?

Dr. Bradford Landry
Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Yes and no

As we age, "hypermobility" tends to decrease.
However, with aquired flatfeet, continued wear and tear (and increased weight) can often lead to more pain. There is no good evidence that orthotics will ever "correct" an arch. If they reduce pain, then continuing to wear them when upright would be encouraged. I would not expect that wearing these would worsen any "hypermobility" of the ankles though

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Bradford Landry
Dr. Bradford Landry
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: It says your 60

How much flatter an they go? What can happen is the deformity can become more rigid that would be more of the concern.

In brief: It says your 60

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine