I have a bladder infection and a skin infection I went to the doctors today and they gave me a med but I can't afford it is there another option?

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran

In brief: Talk to doctor

If you were told to have bladder infection and require antibiotics, you should take med, but if it is too expensive, you can inquire about less expensive med.
Some pharmacies have 4 dollars and 5 dollars rx to help pt with costs or no insurance.The same applies for skin infection.Some antibiotics can treat both of the above condition.

In brief: Talk to doctor

Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: Be honest

with your physician.
Request the LEAST EXPENSIVE GENERIC medication to do the job.I agree that many pharmacies will be quite helpful in this regard.

In brief: Be honest

with your physician.
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Philip Miller
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Probably.

Most medicines have a cheaper generic alternative, and some brand-name drugs have coupons (may be downloadable online) that will cover the difference between the generic and brand prices.
Once you get a cheaper prescription, shop around, because pharmacy prices vary widely. The cheapest in my area are walmart and costco (you don't have to be a member), but another may be cheapest where you live.

In brief: Probably.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Prithvi Sawh
If you live in Florida certain medications are at no cost in Publix supermarkets pharmacies. A medication commonly used to treat bladder infections(Bactrim) is free. Also Cephalexin is free at Publix.
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham