I had foot surgery 8mths ago. Foot constantly hurts esp in the area I have anchori have seen 3 podiatrist. No one has answers. What should I do next?

In brief: Remove the anchor

If the anchor is causing pain due to it backing out or moving, it can be removed.
I recommend you return to the surgeon who put the anchor in and discuss your concerns.

In brief: Remove the anchor

Dr. Robert Hadfield
Dr. Robert Hadfield

In brief: Be patient

8 months post-op is a long time to wait, however it is a typical amount of time for rehab.
Some patients even take up to 12 months before full healing occurs. Make sure you are following all orders daily on your own and don't over-do! Lower extremity surgery is expected to have a longer post-op period than on other parts of the body.

In brief: Be patient

Dr. Ashley Vanderloop
Dr. Ashley Vanderloop

In brief: CRPS

Constant? Talk to your surgeon about the possibility of CRPS.

In brief: CRPS

Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: See ortho

I would suggest seeing an orthopedic surgeon w/ specialty training ( fellowship) in foot and ankle.
Best of luck!

In brief: See ortho

Best of luck!
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Adam Smith