9 doctors weighed in:

My 5 year old son said he swallowed a pennie at school! what should I do?

9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nela Cordero
Pediatrics
7 doctors agree

In brief: PENNY SWALLOWED

Go to er to find out where the penny is located.
The x ray will show the location. If it is already in the stomach, wait for it to be passed out with the stools.If not , it might cause obstruction in the esophagus. Good luck!

In brief: PENNY SWALLOWED

Go to er to find out where the penny is located.
The x ray will show the location. If it is already in the stomach, wait for it to be passed out with the stools.If not , it might cause obstruction in the esophagus. Good luck!
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Thank
1 comment
Dr. Addagada Rao
Yes , once passes through narrowest part ( crico pharyngeal area) of throat , it ill pass.
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Shontae Buffington
Board Certified, Pediatrics
13 years in practice
838K people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors