I have an enlarged spleen for over a year. And now also have an enlarged liver. I would like to know can these be related and how so. Treatmnt option?

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Probably

There is probably a related reason that your liver and spleen are enlarged.
You need to see someone who deals with liver disease; a gastroenterologist or hepatologist. Treatment options can be discussed once the cause of the enlarged organs is determined.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan

In brief: Yes related

Yes, an enlarged can lead to enlarged liver, the main issue is to know the underlying cause of your enlarged liver and spleen to advice most appropriate treatment, this has to be worked up by your doctor.

In brief: Yes related

Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan
Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan
Dr. Steven Seres