Is there a vaccine for bacterial meningitis?

Yes. There are 3 major types of bacterial meningitis after the age of 2 months -- hib, pneumococcal, and meningococcal. There are effective vaccines for the major strains of all of them. E. Coli and group b strep are responsible for most cases of meningitis under 2 months of age; there are no vaccines for them, yet, and treatment of certain maternal infections is key to lessen the risk of such illnes.
Yes. Infants of 2 months or older receive Hib (hemophilus influenzae, type b) and pneumococcal vaccine to protect them from getting serious infections including meningitis caused by the two most common bacteria. Meningitis in infants under 2 months of age is most often caused by group b 'strep' infection against which we do not have a vaccine.