Can I exercise if I have a bad cold?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Use common sense

The risk here is with prolonging your recovery by exercising.
You can exercise through a mild cold, especially if you modify the volume and intensity of your effort. A bad cold can be prolonged by physical exertion. If that's your situation, it is best to rest and hydrate, and you'll be back to your routine in no time.

In brief: Use common sense

Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: Exercise and colds

I don't see why not as long as you are feeling up to it - you might find running difficult or more abt to cause coughing.
You may not be at your peak level of performance or be in top shape while you are fighting a cold but there isn't a medical reason to stop exercising.

In brief: Exercise and colds

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Arnon Rubin