What is the physiology underlying the changes in mean arterial pressure and heart rate that occur with changes in posture?

Blood Fall ; Gravity. Person curious about physiologic changes in body going from supine to upright should regard faster ; more vigorous heart beats to pump blood ; oxygen to neediest tissue, the brain, which resides on highest part of the body tower. Blood column falls farther in an upright body, thereby causing arterial constriction to acutely diminish size of the blood container, the arterial system.