I had surgery on my knee , scoped and tear of the meniscus , 9 months ago and it still hurts and not able to walk more than 30 minutes.I was told to be patient it would heal. Does that sound right.Tha?

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: Consult

Contact your surgeon to give a current status report and discuss options.

In brief: Consult

Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dr. Douglas Tavenner, jr.
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: How much arthritis?

Meniscal tears are common knee problems; if u tore your meniscus and had it "trimmed out" and had very little 'chondromalacia' or early arthritis @ the time of your knee arthroscopy than this is unususal.
..However if u had signifigant"wear" in your knee(best seen on 'scope photos' or video of your'scope' )than continued knee pain w/weight -bearing is not unusual.See your ors or get 2nd opinion.Gl!

In brief: How much arthritis?

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine