Does eugenol increase or decrease the effect of radiotherapy in head and neck equamus cell cancer?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: No effect known.
Eugenol is a chemical responsible for the aroma of cloves.
It has many uses, including perfumery, flavoring, and in formulating insect attractants. It even kills human colon cancer cell lines in vitro. But it does not appear to have an effect on radiotherapy, let alone radiotherapy in head and neck squamous cell cancer. This is treated with radiotherapy and surgery and/or chemotherapy.

In brief: No effect known.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Cloves smell good
But to me, the anti-cancer therapies smell foul.
Eugnol may have some effect against colon cancer cell lines, it is a phenol-like compound, and i cannot see a radio=protectctant or sensitizing property. I know of no good use other than advanced h&n neck cancers do smell bad, and this might help that.

In brief: Cloves smell good
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Steven Seres