I have a cholesterol granuloma of the petrous apex, lately I have had the sensation that someone is pushing down on my head. Not painful, just weird.?

Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Cholesterol Granulom
You were diagnosed with having a cholesterol granuloma? How big is it?Do you have surgery planned? With your new symptoms, you need to see your otologist asap.
Cholesterol granulomas tend to expand. Additionally, the body reacts to the cholesterol as a foreign body causing an inflammatory reaction. Expansion and inflammation risk bone destruction & injury to hearing, and vital nerves.

In brief: Cholesterol Granulom
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Gregory Boger
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Not unexpected but..
Should be reported to physician.
Could be early sign of increases in intracranial pressure. May need repeat imaging. Any other symptoms? Especially numbness in face or brows. Or double vision.

In brief: Not unexpected but..
Should be reported to physician.
Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Gregory Boger
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology