70 year old male. Taking lavitra for ed. Works great. When "finished" I have bloating sensation for about 6-8 hours. Feel need to belch but cannot. ?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Levitra (vardenafil)

This drug, a pd-5 inhibitor relaxes smooth muscle, which is why is increases penile blood flow.
But none are completely specific for vascular smooth muscle. It can cause relaxation of the stomach and small intestines. Actually, more people have a relaxed esophageal sphincter, which causes "belching, " with or without water brash! this improves with time. If not, switching to Cialis is worth a try.

In brief: Levitra (vardenafil)

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Bac Nguyen

In brief: Commonly seen

Levitra (vardenafil) works by dialating your blood vessels, includings those in your gut/esophagus, nasal cavity (causes nasal congestion) and thus some may have such sensation.
You cannot burp because it is not gas..Dilation of vessels in esophagus actually may tighten the junction a bit, thus difficulty with burping. If it goes away in a few hours, should be ok..70? Keep on rocking..Good luck.

In brief: Commonly seen

Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Luis Villaplana

In brief: Not sure about this

One my friend, unless you are breathing heavy during sex and you swallow some of the air..
.

In brief: Not sure about this

.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Arnon Rubin