How long aftet sex can you test if your not positive when to expect your period?

Dr. Paul Williams

In brief: ? test for pregnancy

Most of the consumer kits can show positive as close to a day or two after conception - so i would wait at least 2 days after unprotected intercourse to check.
If you don't want to be pregnant - you need to use some sort of protection.

In brief: ? test for pregnancy

Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: I'm assuming...

Your question was worded such that i think you want to know how soon you can test after missing a period secondary vto becoming pregnant.
Most commercial kits are positive within one to two weeks after a missed period. Laboratory tests are sooner, but expensive. Missed periods are quite common.

In brief: I'm assuming...

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Every test different

Over the counter tests give you the time.
Serum tests by a lab can be done at anytime.

In brief: Every test different

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland