I took out my newly pierced nose ring and it started bleeding excesively. Every time I put it back in and out, it bleeds horribly nonstop. Why?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Probably infected
The nose is very vascular and it's possible there's a local infection around the piercing site.
These local infections can often lead to the development of something called granulation tissue. Granulation tissue is very vascular and as a result bleeds a lot when you're infected. I would suggest you forget your piercing, leave it out let your nose heal.

In brief: Probably infected
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Michael Teitelbaum
could also be a sign of skin cancer. make sure it heals. still bleeding in 2weeks, get it checked!!
Dr. Paul Williams
In brief: New nose piercing
I am thinking the tract isn't mature - meaning the opening hasn't healed so that every time you insert it - its cause irritation and bleeding.
I would leave it in place for 12 hours and then remove it - clean it and replace it. Eventually - the body will heal the tissues and the bleeding will stop.

In brief: New nose piercing
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Nasal piercing
The nose has a lot of blood vessels.
Disrupting a new wound (your nose piercing) while it is healing will cause bleeding. Best to keep the nose ring in place and clean around it meticulously, as the piercing heals. If it continues to bleed on and off despite this, particularly if you begin to experience pain, see an ear, nose and throat specialist to rule out an infection.

In brief: Nasal piercing
The nose has a lot of blood vessels.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Vicken Poochikian