I recently received the Depo-Provera shot after having a cyst found on my ovaries. I did have unprotected sex a day after the shot. I missed my period the la?

Depo shot. If you received the shot (150mcg) at the right time in your cycel - ie just as your period was starting - it should have protected you. That is the nice thing with the shot - its protective once its dosed. However, if you got the shot at any other time it might not work until your next cycle. The best thing to do is check a pregnancy test.