Singulair (montelukast) is safe for daily maintenance to avoid asthma?

Yes. Singulair (montelukast) is very safe. In the original studies done to gain fda approval, when a medication is given in varying doses to determine both safety and efficacy, there were no observed side effects at 900 times the 10mg dose that was shown to be maximally effective for asthma. The bigger question for your doctor or allergist is whether singulair (montelukast) alone is adequate to treat your asthma.
Yes... Singular is safe to take daily to prevent an asthma exacerbation. It will not cure asthma but may lead to less exacerbations.
Singular. Yes it is safe but you also need to use inhaled steroids to control bronchial asthma.