My baby has a rash in her neck folds. What could it be and do I need to put anything on it? 

Dr. Charlene Sojico

In brief: Intertrigo

Very common in babies , seen in between folds- neck , armpit areas, groin , behind knees and ears.
Due to moisture and irritation . May be mild to very severe (very raw excoriation). Need to keep areas dry. Anti fungal creams usually help.

In brief: Intertrigo

Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Charlene Sojico
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Common causes...

There are other less-probable possibilities as well. Without more details about the rash and symptoms i can't be more specific. You can try 1/2% Hydrocortisone cream, but that will not help if it's a yeast infection. See your pediatrician or a dermatologist for a precise diagnosis.

In brief: Common causes...

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Barry Bergman

In brief: Rash on neck

A rash in the folds of the neck of an infant is often caused by moisture and skin touching skin.
It is one of several possibilities intertrigo, atopic dermatitis or seborrhea. I would take care in drying out the area well and put corn starch powder on it to keep it dry. I f it is not improving you may want to see your pediatrician or a dermatologist to see if you need a mild steroid cream.

In brief: Rash on neck

Dr. Barry Bergman
Dr. Barry Bergman