48yr old last period 3 months ago.Onset hot flashes. Hormone levels in"postmenopausal range"estrogen 11.8. These mean menopause is over by post?

Dr. Douglas Lawson

In brief: Not necessarily

First, the definition of menopause is cessation of periods for one year straight without other causes.
A single estrogen level doesn't mean anything. Especially in the last 5-7 years before menopause, your estrogen level will fluctuate from day to day and may be in the menopausal range one day and normal premenopausal the next. I don't waste the patients time doing levels.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Dr. Weiguo Li

In brief: Just start

That actually means menopause just started.
You may experience symptoms of hot flush for years.

In brief: Just start

Dr. Weiguo Li
Dr. Weiguo Li
Dr. Jane Van Dis