I'm thinking of getting mirena (levonorgestrel) after my second child. What are some positives and negatives about it?

Many positives. Mirena (levonorgestrel) is one type of intrauterine device (iud). It releases low amounts of Progesterone to change the uterine lining, cervical mucus so that sperm cannot get through to the fallopian tube. The Progesterone prevents build up of endometrial tissue & many women have very light or no periods 6 -12 months after Mirena (levonorgestrel) placed. Birth control lasts for 5 years. Cons: may be irregular spotting.
Safe and effective. The Mirena (levonorgestrel) is an excellent choice for reversible birth control, especially if you plan to have some time between pregnancies. It is very effective, and its big side effect is a dramatic reduction in blood loss with your periods. A lot of women have virtually no period. The biggest drawback is cost. Be sure to check with your insurance company regarding coverage.