How does baby aspirin decrease the risk of a heart attack?

Decrease clumping. Asporin is a platelet inhibitor a d prevents clumping of them on an unstable air any plaque in the coronary arteries.
Prevents clots. Baby Aspirin helps prevent platelets from clumping and forming clots that might block blood flow in any narrowed coronary arteries that feed the heart muscle. If blood flow is blocked in those coronary arteries, the heart muscle would not get enough oxygen that it needs cause the heart to stop beating or to beat uncontrollably, or fibrillate, both of which would result in a heart attack.