Does ironing baby powder onto the armpits of your shirts prevent them from getting sweat marks ?

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology
In brief: Sorry...
...I must have slept through the armpit ironing class in med school.
Your local dry cleaner might know the answer to that, but doctors are traditionally bad with textile-related questions.

In brief: Sorry...
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. James Eitner
Per the laundry person in the home: wear undershirts to protect the dress shirts; moisten and rub a bar of Fels Naphtha soap into the stain and launder; or try pretreating the area with an aspirin disolved in water. Repeat any of the above as needed. Once the stain is heated (dryer or iron, it is set permanently - buy a new shirt).
Dr. James Eitner
In brief: Ask The Launderer
Per the laundry person in the home: wear undershirts to protect the dress shirts; moisten and rub a bar of fels naphtha soap into the stain and launder; or try pretreating the area with an Aspirin disolved in water. Repeat any of the above as needed.
Once the stain is heated (dryer or iron, it is set permanently - buy a new shirt).

In brief: Ask The Launderer
Dr. James Eitner
Dr. James Eitner