Minoxidil induced hair loss I permanent or not? And whether it can work on bald scalp?

Hair Growth. Minoxidil induces hair growth, not loss. Not everyone will grow hair, and it is less likely to help if you are completely bald. The increase in hair only occurs while you are using minoxidil. When you stop, the hair returns to "normal.".
Minoxidil effects. Minoxidil may cause hair shedding during the first month or sit does work on a bald scalp. If you are using otc Minoxidil and it doesn't have any effect after 4 months, see your doctor. Higher doses of Minoxidil and other prescription hair loss treatments are available and may be more effective.