Asthmatic, had cold, now have thick green sputum from lungs, very tired, no fever, no wheezing. On mucinex (guaifenesin).Can this be beginning of pnemonia?

Dr. Russell Ditzler

In brief: Yes it can

Individuals with asthma have an increased risk of developing serious respiratory infections.
One one first signs of concern is the development of a cough with green mucous production. I recommend that you see your physician to ensure you do not have a bacterial infection in your lungs. Continue your Mucinex (guaifenesin) use to loosen the mucous.

In brief: Yes it can

Dr. Russell Ditzler
Dr. Russell Ditzler
Dr. Robert Perlmuter

This sure could be pneumonia or bronchitis.
Please go see a doctor soon.

Please go see a doctor soon.
Dr. Robert Perlmuter
Dr. Robert Perlmuter
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology