Who performs a sacroiliac joint fusion surgery?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: No one should!

For what reason? I can't think of one in todays world.

In brief: No one should!

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
2 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
You are not familiar with the world literature and reports of marked benefit when properly indicated. First it is necessary to make the diagnosis, and the world medical literature also reports how this is performed.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusion is an excellent option when all nonoperative measures have failed to eliminate the pain. The operation is performed through a one inch incision without cutting muscle and very little blood loss. It makes a trememdous difference for those who are hobbled by sacroiliac joint disease.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery

In brief: SI joint fusion

Hundreds of surgeons have been trained in the US to perform minimally invasive sacroiliac joint fusion surgery.
There are several manufacturers of sacroiliac joint fusion products in the US. The operation is performed in under an hour without cutting muscle and very little blood loss.

In brief: SI joint fusion

Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Adam Lewis
Dr. Laurence Badgley
At Quora.com, on my Pain Syndrome board, I have posted several essays about sacroiliac joint fusion.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Back surgeons

More surgeons trained in this are outside United States.
Drs. Noel goldthwaithe and richard derby of san francisco region know how to diagnose & proper indications for surgery. Most U.S. Surgeons not yet familiar with world literature. Medical literature notes 10-30% of chronic low back pain sufferers have this non- inflammatory disorder, which can be devastating & cause chronic low back pain.

In brief: Back surgeons

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley