What is the risk of getting cancer if your endometrium was 15 mm thick?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Increase in Type I.
Apparently thick endometrium or endometrial hyperplasia increaeses risk for type i endometrial cancer.
These occur in pre and peri-menopausal women, frequently with unopposed estrogen exposure. However, they are minimally invasive into the uterine wall, are of a low grade endometrioid type, and have a good prognosis.

In brief: Increase in Type I.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Don't know, but
It is important to determine if and why your endometrial lining is thicker than normal.
A thick endometrium is not a cause of cancer, but may be due to cancer. Endometrial cancer is much more common in post-menopausal women. Why was the thickness of your endometrium determined? Are you having any symptoms? What has your gynecologist told you?

In brief: Don't know, but
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Steven Ginsberg
Dr. Vicken Poochikian