Is hair loss a consequence of anemia?

Sometimes. Hair loss can be a consequence of anemia, but most times it is not the most significant contributing factor. If you have anemia, please remember that anemia itself can occur for many reasons so please be sure to have a doctor find the cause of your anemia. In terms of hair loss, I find that most of my patients with anemia have another problem contributing to their loss of hair.
It can be. Hair loss is more common on persons with anemia. Also, on many people most of the hairs grow back after the anemia is corrected.