Could you tell me why my left hand is numb and tingling?

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Cosmetic Surgery

In brief: R/o Carpal tunnel

Tingling ; numbness in the hand can be symptoms associated with median nerve compression or irritation.
This is quite common. Some patients may have similar symptoms due to nerves being irritated in the neck. See a neurologist to get an emg/nerve conduction test. If the test confirms carpal tunnel syndrome then you will likely be referred to a hand surgeon.

In brief: R/o Carpal tunnel

Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Zahid Niazi
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Abnormal nerve

Neuropathy is a condition resulting from abnormal nerve function.
Neuropathy can be due to certain vitamin deficiencies, nerve damage due to trauma, alcohol consumption, radiation, side effects of certain medications, or due to certain medical conditions such as diabetes. Treatment varies depending on the cause of the problem. Have it evaluated and appropriately treated.

In brief: Abnormal nerve

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat