Could you tell me why my jaw keeps clicking whenever i open it?

Dr. John Scuba
Surgery - Oral & Maxillofacial

In brief: Jaw clicking

The tmjs are right next to the ears, so you can easily hear noise in them .
The bone and disk are very mobile and stretched attachments often allow disks to become displaced. As the jaw bone slides over the displaced disk, there is clicking and popping noise as you open. The management is usually conservative unless pain or decreased function or locking is severe.

In brief: Jaw clicking

Dr. John Scuba
Dr. John Scuba
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: TMJ

TMJ is the second most frequent cause of orofacial pain after dental pain.
TMJ can be divided into disorders related to the muscles of mastication and those emanating from the TMJ. Clicking noise with no other symptoms is not a problem and no treatment is necessary. Rec.: if concerned see orofacial pain specialist for consultation. Very common and benign condition.

In brief: TMJ

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Peter Kurzweil