What is my recourse for endodontist error resulting in hot nerve?

Dr. Jimmy Lin

In brief: Redo it.

Many endodontist will redo the procedure without charge.
Do negotiate with the endodontist about the hot nerve and want him please redo the procedure without charge, since they already charged a lot before.

In brief: Redo it.

Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Jimmy Lin
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Please do not immediately assume the endodontist charges a lot... dental insurance has in many areas crippled a specialists ability to both spend the time needed to take on complex cases, and also stand behind their work. In many instances the specialist is paid no more than a generalist, but has invested much more in expensive equipment. Generalizations about fees are not always educated...
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dentistry - Endodontics

In brief: Options

As an endodontist myself, i would want to evaluate the tooth to determine possible reasons for the less-than-acceptable result.
My reputation depends on providing high level care. It should be considered possible that the problem is from another tooth or is not endodontic in nature. You might ask your general dentist for a referral for a second opinion. Btw, i practice in roy, just n of slc.

In brief: Options

Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Jonathan Richards
Dr. Eric Weisman