What happens after and during ganglion cyst removal the day of surgery?

Preparation. During surgery you will be asleep, if a child. The hand will be prepped antiseptically and draped. Small incision made in skin over the ganglion. Ganglion dissected out and the base of defect ligated and cyst excised. Skin closed. Wake up in recovery with ace wrap on wrist. Ace can be removed in 24 hours. Ad lib movement afterwards with no heavy lifting as discomfort allows.
Aspiration works. I suck them out with a big needle; this works about 1/3 of the time. Which isn't great, but it beats going under the knife if you can avoid it.
Treatment. The cyst is addressed either by making an incision directly over it and removing the cyst, or in some cases the cyst can be addressed arthroscopically. The stalk of the cyst which allows for the flow of fluid into the cyst is then addressed. It is a short outpatient procedure.