This will be my first vaginal delivery and I am afraid of a uterine rupture. What can I do?

Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Any risk factors?
You shouldn't worry unless you have risk factors for rupture.
This includes any uterine surgery, c-sections, types of incisions in the uterus, malformations of the uterus, large fibroid tumors, or prolonged and/or excessive uterine contractions in labor (to name a few). Your OB will keep you safe in labor & you should discuss any risk factors for rupture with your OB & deliver in a safe hospital.

In brief: Any risk factors?
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease
In brief: Discuss with OB
I think you are asking if a vaginal delivery is safe after having had a prior c-section.
The clinical thinking on this has changed in the past several years, and you should certainly discuss this at some length with the doctor who is going to delivery the baby. Have a good delivery and a great baby.

In brief: Discuss with OB
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham