Retinitis pigmentosa? What, who, how, ok I need to know all about it.

Inherited loss visio. Retinitis pigmentosa is a group of inherited defects in the maintainence of the light receptive elements of the retina. There are variable times of onset, differences in degree of loss but unfortunately no cure. A retinal specialist should be consulted and then a genetics expert to determine your risk of passing it on. Check with your local retinitis pigmentosa society for help.
Retina disease. Retinitis pigmentosa is a degenerative disease of the retina. In most cases it starts in the periphery and constricts the visual field until only a small central field is left. When that goes the person has no vision. In most cases the vision will become quite poor, but the age of onset, the severity, the rapidity of vision decrease depends on the type of heredity, .