I'm 6 months pregnant and was just told my test for chlamydia came back positive. I will start treatment soon, is there a chance my baby was affected?

In brief: Separate compartment

Baby is well protected from localized infections like chlamydia by its protective membranes/bag of waters.
The only germs that can get to baby at this stage enter through the blood/placenta, which chlamydia does not do. Get treated & things will be fine, the meds don't affect baby. Baby would be at risk traveling through an infected birth canal.

In brief: Separate compartment

Dr. Robert Isaacs

In brief: Chlamydia ; pregncy

Not at this stage.
Active chlamydia infection is more of a concern at the time of delivery when it can potentially infect the infant's eyes or possibly lungs. You are being treated now to prevent these infections at the time of delivery. Do not worry, and best wishes for having a very healthy baby.

In brief: Chlamydia ; pregncy

Not at this stage.
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham