I have hep c with a viral load of 9million and genotype cc and am 27 am i gonna die from this disease?

Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Not if cured

There are now some truly excellent ; well-tolerated anti-hepatitis c treatment regimens based on recommendations of the aasld that incorporate or replace traditional interferon/ribavirin in combination with sovaldi.
In interferon-ineligible patients, sovaldi + Olysio or sovaldi + Ribavirin shows considerable promise ; are entirely oral. Lots more rx options are on the way in the coming months.

In brief: Not if cured

Dr. Ryan Taylor

In brief: Not necessarily

I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist or infectious disease specialist for treatment of the infection.
It's also important to avoid anything else that harms the liver, especially alcohol. Patients with hepatitis c who also drink alcohol have a much higher incidence of cirrhosis.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Weiguo Li

In brief: Cure is on the way

Hep c is a chronic disease.
You should have long time of symptom free period then going to develop cirrhosis and liver failure. But now there are medicine that possibly eradicate the virus. Check with your hepatologist.

In brief: Cure is on the way

Hep c is a chronic disease.
Dr. Andrea Brand