My pain management dr is recommending a left lumbar sympathetic block for the pain in my left foot, but I don't know if worth it?

Dr. William Newton
Pain Management

In brief: Talk to your Doc

Do not undergo any procedure unless your are well educated about it and the potential risks and benefits.
These injections are useful in helping determine the source of the pain and to help direct treatment. Talk to your doc about your concerns.

In brief: Talk to your Doc

Dr. William Newton
Dr. William Newton
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Severityof pain

Theanswer depends upon the severity of the pains & the interventions previously performed.
In my experience the results have been variable but worth a shot if all else have failed.

In brief: Severityof pain

Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Brian Le
Pain Management

In brief: Sympathetic block

Lumbar sympathetic block is used for lower extremity neuropathic pain.
If you have questions or concerns about the injection, please discuss them with your doctor before making any decision. This is an elective procedure.

In brief: Sympathetic block

Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Brian Le
Dr. Eric Weisman