My daughter has had a stomach virus started 2 days agoand puking and diarrhea but said just a virus. What do I need to give her to keep her hydrated?

Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Any fluids

Preferably something with electrolytes, although she may do well with coke or pepsi with the carbonation out.
Whatever she can hold down will be good, but watch carefully and if she is not peeing regularly, her mouth looks dry, her skin tents when you pinch it, or anything else makes you think she is becoming dehydrated should make you get her to an er for IV fluids. Be safe. Hope she is better.

In brief: Any fluids

Dr. Peter Kurzweil