Can a person with neuropathy have mild burning that comes and goes? I had foot surgery in the summer, but I've been having mild burning in my left leg

Abnormal nerve. Neuropathy is a condition resulting from abnormal nerve function. Neuropathy can be due to certain vitamin deficiencies, nerve damage due to trauma, alcohol consumption, radiation, side effects of certain medications, or due to certain medical conditions such as diabetes. Treatment varies depending on the cause of the problem. Have it evaluated and appropriately treated.
Neuropathy. The answer is yes. If you are specifically talking with regard to the foot surgery you have neuropathic pain and this can be easily treated with the use of a topical gel consisting of various medications (most off label) applied to the area 4/day.