I had inguinal hernia surgery in 2010, feel pain at surgical side when ejaculate.A doc said that he has to check it laparoscopically will it be useful?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Complex

This is a more complex situation than simply looking around with a laparoscope.
I would start with a urology consult, then may need to get pain mapping done, especially if there is pain other that after ejaculation. Hope this helps.

In brief: Complex

Dr. D J
Surgery

In brief: Maybe

Chronic groin pain occurs 1-2% of the time after hernia repair.
What you describe is occasionally used to evaluate this and it could have something to do with a recurrence or screen problem (if that was used). This is a difficult problem and you will have a hard time finding someone dedicated to resolving it. Be somewhat reluctant to have the groin re-operated but laparoscopy is safe.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. James Goodyear
General Practice

In brief: Inguinodynia or

Pain after hernia surgery occurs in ~6% of patients regardless of repair method or presence/absence of mesh.
Evaluation ; exam by experienced experts(surgeon or hernia specialist) imaging studies (eg ct. Scan ) ; conservative treatment is appropriate before surgical intervention is indicated. Exploratory surgery should be done only by those experienced in properly managing all possible findings.

In brief: Inguinodynia or

Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery