Is there a treatment for food allergies?

No. There are currently no fda-approved "treatments" for food allergies. Identification and avoidance is the only currently approved and recommended method to deal with food allergies. There are research trials looking into actual treatments, and sublingual immunotherapy (slit) is being used "off-label" as a treatment, but they are not yet recognized in the us as "approved" treatments.
Yes. The current accepted treatment for food allergy is avoidance and being prepared to treat any reaction that might occur. There are ongoing clinical trials through cofars (the consortium for food allergy research) that are investigating whether or not sublingual or oral desensitization or tolerance to the particular food in question is possible. The preliminary data is promising but not definitive.
Yes. The treatment for confirmed food allergy is avoidance. Approximately 2% of adults and 5% of children have true allergies to foods. Milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanut, tree nut, shellfish, & fish account for over 90% of true food allergies. Many people think they or their children have food allergies when they may only have some intolerance to the food. See a board certified allergist for an evaluation.
Confused yet? There are many insightful answered posted to this question. The bottom line is that for a truly documented ige mediated food allergy and not food intolerance or insensitivity there is no approved method for treating other than avoidance. There are clinical trials in place and favorable results for foods such as milk and egg however standard protocols and parameters are still being worked out.
No. Definitely avod foods that you are allergic too.
No. Currently there are no fda-approved treatment for food allergies. Avoidance is not treatment. Desensitization protocols are still experimental.
Yes. Food allergy is a growing problem. For decades we have had little advice to offer patients aside from avoid what they know causes anaphylactic reactions and carry epipens (epinephrine). Only recently has medical science proven that oral desensitization is possible, probably safe and likely to be effective at "curing" food allergy. This is the next treatment frontier for food allergy.
Yes. It is important to eliminate allergens, work on the diet, either strict or rotational diet per specialist, and change the immune response. There are some medications and supplements which may help. Advise to see an allergy specialist.
No. Actually, not yet. Two approaches - oral desensitization with initially small and gradually increasing doses of specific foods and a combination of medications found in two herbs are currently under active investigation. Its important for food allergic people to realize that these methods should not be tried at home until we have definite answers about effectiveness and safety.
Yes. There are different types of food allergies. With avoidance the sensitivity often lessens over time. Many food allergies are associated with intestinal imbalances (increased intestinal permeability, candida overgrowth) and treating those conditions can help. Some docs desensitize with injections and drops and there are interesting alternative techniques like naet and bioset that sometimes help.