Could my metabolism have adjusted to the amount of time i spend exercising ? My body just expects an hour of cardio every day. I gain weight if i do

Dr. Lisa Rankin
ADHD & Autism

As we get older our metabolisms tend to slow down and women have a noticeable change due to menopause.
Most people tend to lose muscle mass which has negative effect on calories burned. Doing the same cardiovascular exercise will eventually pose less of a challenge to your body and give less effect. Adding variety, including intervals and strength training will increase effectiveness of workout.

Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Lisa Rankin
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine