I think I have a epidermal cyst. Do I get it removed?

Dr. Barry Press
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Probably...
If it is small and not bothering you, leave it alone.
These tend to enlarge because they are caused by skin surface cells trapped beneath the skin. These cells continually shed, increasing the size of the cyst (more accurately an epithelial inclusion cyst.) removal is generally a minor surgical procedure, but requires total removal of the cyst wall to prevent recurrence of the cyst.

In brief: Probably...
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Barry Press
Dr. Yash Khanna
In brief: EPIDERMAL CYST
Do not try to puncture it as it can be dangerous and cause a serious infection.
If you want it removed you should see a surgeon or a dermatologist and have it properly excised in one piece.

In brief: EPIDERMAL CYST
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna