I have sjogren syndrome so my doctor is sending me to a rheumatologist. What can she do?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Sjogren's Syndrome

Itis a disease of the exocrine water producing glands of the body.
Since the places where vyou produce the most are the mouth and eyes, dry mouth( increased caivities), and decreased tear production are the most common. However, sweat production minimizes with time (bad for heat regulation), as does brochial and vaginal moisture production. Mental fatigue is common. See the rheumatologist!

In brief: Sjogren's Syndrome

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
3 comments
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Namey: you are absolutely right about what Sjogren's is or what effect does it have, but would you elaborate on what are the treatments available for patients suffering from this condition? Thanks. Bac
Dr. Thomas Namey
I have, actually in another answer. I didn't have enough space to completely finish what I wrote. I cna direct her to the answer, or haVE HER RE-ASK. tHANKS.
Dr. Jane Van Dis