I have a herniated disc. The dr has recomended a laminotomy. Should I do it?

Dr. Robert Masson
Neurosurgery

In brief: Radiculopathy

If you have a disabling radiculopathy that is affecting your overall fitness, goals and health, and conservative treatments have failed, it is a next step for people who do not want to lose there fitness, goals and spine health.
A thorough evaluation necessary to know.

In brief: Radiculopathy

Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Robert Masson
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

If the symptoms have not responded to simpler measures, are intolerable to you, include severe weakness interfering with day to day function, prevent bladder emptying (strongest reason), surgery is a good option.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta